Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Look Book



Not unlike most people, I find inspiration in the most mundane activities. A new song may be on the radio, and I have to add it to my next Spinning class playlist. I might smell cookies baking and have to eat one (or four). On a nice day, I must enjoy the weather and take my dogs on an extra long walk.

As far as fashion and home design go, I often find my inspiration in magazines. As I flip through my favorites, I pull out pages that inspire me. To organize these pages, I created my own "Look Book." I bought an accordion file organizer (see terrible photo above) and labeled the tabs---clothes/shoes, home, products (hair/face/body), accessories, and other/gifts. I file the pages and refer to them before I shop.

Some times, I hunt down the exact item. Other times, I find an item (like fashion trends or home decor) that is similar.

Most of the time, I just keep the images, because they make me feel good and inspired. These images are like a dream/other life or aspiration for the future.

My Look Book also doubles as a wish list. I keep pictures of items that I hope to have one day. These are "big ticket" items that I save up for or hope to acquire. (Kinda like a vision board a la The Secret? ha ha ha)

It is important to me to live an inspired life. Keep things (images, books, songs, loved ones, fragrances, textures, etc.) that inspire you close by and enjoy them. Be inspired.

Best,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment