Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dog Gone Tired from a Great Weekend

Louis ("Louie") and Lucy Liu are ready for bed.

They say that "a tired dog is a happy dog."  Well, I think the same is true about exhausting oneself by spending time doing things that you love.  I'm a tired and happy dog, so to speak.

I had a great weekend spent with new friends, seeing great shows, eating great meals at Kasra Persian Grill and The Grove, and doing things that I love.  I taught Spinning, got to work with a great client on her wardrobe for an upcoming trip, saw a Kathy Griffin show at the Verizon Center, and today went to see The Kids Are All Right and ate at Yia Yia Mary's with family.

Some times I don't take the time to stop and appreciate how great it is to have weekend doing things that I love, even if it means I didn't get one minute of down time.   I am exhausted and will be SO tired when my alarm goes off in the morning, but it will be a small price to pay.

R&R is always some thing that we try to get more of.  We cherish our quiet weekends that bring a recharging of our spirit and energy.  I know that I do.  At the close of very busy weekends, my body may be tired, but I try to recognize the recharging of my spirit through the sheer bliss in doing things that I love. 

Hope you had a great weekend, whether it was a quiet one or fast and furious.  Enter Monday with a new energy.  A new week with new possibilities lies ahead.

The weekly flower buying is still going well.  Here are the pics of some flowers for the week:


I ran out of vases.  Had to use a  UofA sorority mug!

No comments:

Post a Comment