Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Figs!


I love figs!  I take that back.  What I really love, is the combination of figs (sweet) with blue cheese (stinky).  Love the combo.

You can find great recipes that include figs on Epicurious.  

The picture above is of a salad I threw together after a workout.  I did not use a recipe.  Here you go:

Arugula
Spinach
Purple Onion
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Blueberries
Juice of one lemon
Pepper
FIGS
Protein optional
Nuts optional (walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.)
Ground flax seed optional

I had all of these things in my fridge.  Try combining flavors that you may think do not go together--Figs/Blue Cheese.  The more flavors and textures you have in a meal, the more satiated you will be.

Enjoy the fruits and veggies of the season.  If you follow the seasons, you will always have a variety of produce.  Nature set it up perfectly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment