Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall Decorating


Kitchen
I am finally accepting the fact that Fall is here. My dogs and I are enjoying the cooler temperatures.

I decided to buy these super cute pumpkins and gourds from Central Market, to celebrate the season.  I put them in a large hurricane glass vase on my kitchen table.  If I remember correctly, they are $2.99/lb.

I bought a package of small plastic pumpkins/gourds at Michael's and painted them.  I have them on my kitchen counter.  I used spray paint, but I think next time I will choose regular craft paint.  Live and learn, as they say.




Living Room Chest

Next, I bought the cute wooden "Give Thanks" and pumpkin from Hobby Lobby, again on sale.



The blue pumpkin has a story.  I bought a cream pumpkin from Michael's and painted it blue and used glossy Modge Podge to give it some shine.
The Balcony

Now, I got a little crazy and decided to decorate my balcony.  I am very lucky to see my balcony from my couch.  I love looking out onto my balcony and see lights, beautiful plants and flowers, and amazing downtown Houston.  I also look straight out onto my balcony from my kitchen sink.  Not a bad view.

All of these decorations were bought at Michael's.  Every item was on sale.  I spent under $50 for all of the decorations. 








I bought two large mum's at Lowe's for $7/each.  The mums fill in the gaps between the decorations.  I love my balcony!

I believe that if you have to look at some thing every day, it should be pleasing to the eye.  If you like it, it is like getting a shot of happiness.

Think about it,

No comments:

Post a Comment