Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Festive Fabric Garland




I saw this amazing fabric garland in several magazines.  I read the instructions on how to make it and just new I had to do it.  Why?  It is basically fool-proof.

All you need it:
  1. Twine--Make loops on each end of the twine, so you can hang it.
  2. Scissors
  3. Fabric--Choose several different texture, like cotton, felt and tulle.  Cut in 6 inch strips.  I bought 1/2 yard of each fabric.
Since I technically do not celebrate Christmas.  (I was raised Jewish.)  I decorated for the holidays this year in silver, turquoise and red.  Festive, but not too Christmas like.  The colors are bright and happy.  I love it.

You basically cut fabric strips and tie them around the twine.  Make the garland as long or short as you want.  I wanted mine to hang across my sliding-glass doors.  I hang holiday cards on mine.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment