Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home Fragrance Store


One of my evening rituals is lighting a candle when I settle in for the night.  I love watching the flame and smelling the soothing fragrance.  It helps me unwind.  I find it very relaxing.

Home Fragrance Store has some AMAZING fragrances.  I bought some of at the Nutcracker Market  in Houston.  The company is located in Ft. Worth.  In addition to candles, they offer potpourri and diffusers.  The fragrances smell natural, not artificial.  Love that!

Candles are also a great aid in starting a meditation practice.  Sit cross-legged on the floor in a dark room with a lit candle in front of you.  Focus on the light of the candle.  Let you mind clear.  Stare at the flame.  When your mind wanders,  focus your intention back on the candle.  Start with 10 minutes and hopefully you can work up to 30-60 minutes a day.  You won't be sorry!!

Rituals help us stay or become grounded.  What do you do in your day to keep grounded and centered and present? 

1 comment:

  1. Never tried these candles. My favorite brand is Circle E. If you haven't tried them, do!!!!

    I read every day. EVERY day. Love it!

    ReplyDelete