Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Look at What I Found!



Carbs are not evil. You need starch to fuel your strenuous workouts. Find whole grain, whole wheat carbs that are high in fiber and protein. Fiber keeps you full. It is also important to find proteins from sources other than animals. Read the labels of all baked items and pay attention to calories, fat, protein, carbs and fiber.

I was skimming a magazine and found an advertisement for Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. Each sandwich thin is 100 calories, 1g fat, 21g carb, 5g fiber, 2g sugar and 5g protein. For 100 cals, I am amazed that each thin has 5g fiber and 5g protein. Wow!

While I was looking for the thin in the grocery store, the person stocking the bread aisle also recommended Thomas 100% Whole Wheat Bagel Thins. These bagel thins are 110 cal, 1g fat, 24g carb, 5g fiber, 3g sugar and 6g protein. Again, great fiber and protein for the calories.

I don't know about you, but I avoid bagels and most sandwiches. These thins are a great compromise. For a great breakfast, you can spread some nut butter on the toasted sandwich or bagel thin and add banana or berries. For lunch, you can spread some hummus and add veggies and lean protein. For dinner, I can't wait to grill a veggie or turkey burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment