Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Feng Shui




A friend of mine gave me a book Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui to read. My first thought was that it is such a nice gesture. My second thought was that I know a lot about Feng Shui already. So, what could I possibly learn from this book?

I had a private Feng Shui consultation several years ago. I also own the book Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life.

Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life is technical. It speaks of the baguas, the nine energy centers of your home, and what you can do to improve the energy in those areas. It is a "how to" book. The book is a great resource and easy to read. I keep it in my library, for reference.

Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui is more conceptual and provides great advice that I must share. I found myself writing down thoughts from the book that are important reminders.

Here are some thoughts to consider:

1. The more that you can learn to trust that life will take care of you, the more life will take care of you.

2. If a material possession is taken or missing, it leaves space for another to come into your life.

3. The whole function of money is not to have it, its function is to use it. The main reason for generating money is to buy experiences. You want to end your life with zilch in the bank and a lifetime of experiences.

4. When it is time, let it go.

5. Making a point to always look good is one of the best ways you can raise your energy and to attract yourself better prosperity.

6. What you resist persists. When you stop resisting, it stops persisting.

7. If you don't like it get rid of it. It gives off energetic gloom.

8. Don't put up with giving yourself second best. When you nourish yourself by giving yourself the best you can, that signal goes out and will attract the best in other areas of your life, too.

9. Things that need fixing are an energy drain. Your subconscious mind keeps track of it. When you see it or are reminded of it, your energy drops.

10. When you care for your home by looking after it, you are loving and respecting yourself.

11. If an item does not serve you, but you keep it for sentimental reasons, take a picture of it and get rid of it!

12. If you don't like a gift, get rid of it. You can still appreciate the sentiment.

13. I freely and easily release the old and joyously welcome the new!

14.  When you are sorting your possessions/clothes, does the item lift your energy when you think about it or look at it?  Do you absolutely love it?  Is it genuinely useful?  If no, get rid of it.

15.  Anything you are keeping "just in case," you are keeping out of fear.

16.  Focus on what you want to happen rather than what you are worried will happen.  Dwell on what is wonderful in your life, so more wonderful stuff will come your way.

17.  Everything you criticize and judge about others is some thing you don't like about yourself.

18.  Just be.  It quiets the chatter and allows you to be open to higher wisdom and guidance, and greater creativity.

19.  Live in the moment.

20.  Everything our lower emotion gets upset about is a situation that our Higher Self has set up to get our attention, because some thing needs to change.

21.  Let go of your grievances and get on with your life.

22.  The higher purpose of cleaning clutter is therefore to clear the debris that prevents us from connecting with our Higher Self and with our Higher Power.

I know this is a lot to think about.  I wrote this post, so I can look back and reflect on these lessons. 

I recommend both books, because they really compliment each other.

Thanks, Anne, for lending the book to me! I didn't realize how much I had to learn. It was meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment