Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Flower Power

Basil with Zinnia


I made a vow to myself about a month ago to buy fresh flowers for my home on a weekly basis. This is money well-spent. It is one of the highlights of my week.

I go to Central Market and buy a spray of flowers for my desk, a small arrangement for my kitchen and a few single flowers for bud vases in my bedroom and bathroom. I can do this for $12!!!!

Each week, I enjoy the ritual. The best part though, is the happiness I feel when I see the flowers. The flowers bring my energy up and literally make me smile. Additionally, it motivates me to keep my home tidy throughout the week.

Over the weeks, I take pictures of these flowers on my iPhone, because I just can't believe how pretty the flowers are and I just have to capture the image.  (Cheesy, I know, but I can't help it.)

In the past, I would of discarded this idea for many reasons---money, it isn't necessary, etc.  But, I feel so good when I see the flowers and they contribute to the great energy in my home and my heart.  That is why I must continue this ritual.

Enjoy the amateur pics!!  What ritual do you regularly perform to make you feel great?
Peony

Hydrangea
Roses









No comments:

Post a Comment