Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Got a Mani?




I made a commitment to myself to get a manicure or polish change once a week.  I am about two-months in, and love it!

I am definitely not the girl that has to look perfect all the time, but think about how often you look at your hands--while typing, driving, checking your iPhone, washing dishes, washing your face, etc.

Getting a manicure is like feng shui for your hands.  When you see that your fingers are nicely manicured, you feel good.  When you see tired, dry, hands with chipped (or no) polish, it is a downer. 

When you get your manicure, use it as an excuse to unplug from your iPhone--no emails, phone calls, texts, web-surfing, etc.  Just be present in the moment.  Let the nail tech massage your hands and forearms--don't skip it.  Use this time as "relax and recharge" time. 

This is self-love folks, take the 15-25 minutes and get a quick one!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Julie.

    I ran across your blog on Facebook.....random, I know. I believe we went to high school together. I was Casey Clemens then......now Casey Starnes.

    Anyway, I'm enjoying your blog. Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey,

    Great to hear from you. I ran across your blog, too, and have been following! Love your question of the week. Your kids are so cute. Good luck with the move. Can't wait to read more.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this?! Hi, Casey! Tell Blake hello too. Your family is adorable!
    Jules, I am laughing at this post because it reminds me that I am so clearly a busy, overtired Mom. I do my best to get a pedi once a month--twice if I'm crazy lucky--but a mani just isn't something I get anymore. I HATE the way my hands look, too, from washing them a zillion times, etc. Maybe one day when the kids are older and I am finally living that life of leisure (hahahahaha!) I'll start getting them again.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete