Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Lucy Liu!!

Top Left:  Our first day home Dec. 2008; Top Right: Valentine's Day 2009
Bottom Left: dog rescue event 2010; Bottom Right: Sept. 2010

Two years ago today, I brought home my first puppy, Lucy Liu.  I had been looking for a dog to adopt, but just couldn't pull the trigger.  I went to my Dad's for Christmas and went to the local pet supply store.  The owner owned Shih Tzu's as pets and had a little shih tzu puppy in a pen with two little chihuahua puppies. 

The little puppy was very quiet and when I picked her up, she put her head on my shoulder (like in the picture above) and it was all over.  I had to adopt her.  I wanted to think about it overnight, so I put a $20 deposit (no kidding) down to "hold" her. 

That night, I was torturing my sister with what to name her.  I wanted her name to have a Chinese reference.  After MUCH deliberation, I decided to name her Lucy Liu.  Why?  Because, let's face it, Lucy Liu is Chinese-American (like my shih-tzu) and a Bad Ass.  The next day, I picked up Lucy Liu and brought her home to Houston.

She is the greatest dog in the world.  I love that she is:
  • very adaptable;
  • easy-going, but at times, stubborn;
  • has great confidence;
  • loves to play;
  • barks at ALL animals, cartoons (including the Mucinex phlegm-guy) and any kind of caveman (Capital One guys) on TV;
  • loves little kids and any one else that wants to pet her
  • PURE JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment