Click on the tabs to find information about my business, Shop Your Closet, the Upper Kirby Fitness Schedule, and other helpful resources!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Quick Meal--Gardenburgers


I have enjoyed Gardenburger's for years.  Now with the discovery of 100 calorie buns/bagels, I can enjoy a burger for about 250 calories.   (See prior posts on quick meals  here and here.)

To make the Gardenburger a little more extra-special, I add sauteed spinach and mushrooms, Dijon mustard, and/or a few blue cheese crumbles.  I cook enough spinach and mushrooms to last a few days.  Therefore, I can cook a Gardenburger tomorrow night, heat the veggies and toast the bun in about 7 minutes. 

In all of my low calories meals, condiments are key.  Soy sauce, Chinese hot mustard, blue cheese sprinkles, fresh Parmesan, a few tablespoons of spaghetti sauce, and red pepper flakes are a few of the condiments I keep on hand to make my meals extra tasty.  Let's be honest, the more flavor in a meal, the more satisfying it is.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment